Christmas Informational Text Close Reading and Activities
Price: $3.00 – Your Download will be Available Immediately Upon Purchase
Christmas Informational Text Close Reading and Activities is a Common Core connected set of informational text and activities focused on the history of the Christmas tree. In this learning filled packet you get:
- An information-packed text about the history of the Christmas tree.
- A second informational text about three famous Christmas trees: The White House Christmas Tree, the National Christmas Tree, and the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
- Follow-up comprehension questions requiring close reading
- A fun tree decorating activity that supports the teaching of theme
- A timeline activity and crossword puzzle; both drive students to repeated reading of the text
- A true/false quiz
- Answer keys for all
BONUS: This packet includes my page ‘Dig Into’ close reading lesson and graphic organizer. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Dig Into’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.