Price: $3.00 – Your Download will be Available Immediately Upon Purchase
Groundhog Day – Reading: History, Fun Facts and Activity Pack is a set of informational text and fun activities focused on the history and lore of Groundhog Day and the nature of the groundhog. In this learning filled packet you get:
- An information-packed text about the history and traditions of Groundhog Day.
- Fun facts about the most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil.
- Facts about groundhogs.
- A follow-up true/false quiz requiring close reading of the text
- A writing activity in which students write a letter to Phil stating whether they would prefer more winter or an early spring, including a graphic organizer for planning.
- Two options for the final copy of the letter: a scaffolded form and lined decorative paper.
- A fun word search using vocabulary from the text.
- A true/false quiz.
- Answer keys for all.
**Comes with Read To Me, a feature that allows Macintosh, iPad and Windows users to read along with highlighted text. This is accessed very simply by clicking on a link at the end of the packet, or by entering the web address into a search engine.**