The American President: History, Reading and Activity Pack
Price: $3.00 – Your Download will be Available Immediately Upon Purchase
This engaging, learning-filled packet was designed with options in mind. Use all of the texts, or just one or two. Use at the Presidents’ Day holiday, election time or whenever teaching about the office of the United States President.
All of the informational text was carefully researched using multiple sources. In this packet you will find:
- An informational text about the office of the Presidency
- A second informational text about the Presidential election
- A third informational text about the history of Presidents’ Day
- Each text comes in two versions, with key words in bold or in plain text
- A glossary of key words
- Follow-up comprehension activities for all three, all driving students back to the text for close reading
- A listing of all of the Presidents and their years in office
- A timeline activity in which students match important events in U.S. history to the Presidents
- A Presidents word search
- All with answer keys and solutions
- A key words bingo game and paired calling cards for building vocabulary (print on paper, or print on heavier stock for greater durability)
- Decorative lined paper
**Now with Read To Me, a feature that allows Macintosh, iPad and Windows users to read along with highlighted text. This is accessed very simply by clicking on a link at the end of the packet, or by entering the web address into a search engine.**
**BONUS: This packet includes my four-page ‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’, sold separately in my store, but included here at no additional charge. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.