St. Patrick’s Day Reading and Activity Pack
St. Patrick’s Day Reading and Activity Pack is a bundle of activities for St. Patrick’s Day reading and fun! In this activity pack you get:
Three engaging St. Patrick’s Day informational texts, carefully researched using multiple sources, each with a follow-up text dependent reading or writing activity. The set includes:
- An informational text about St. Patrick’s Day and a follow-up crossword puzzle.
- A second informational text about Irish Immigration to the United States and a follow-up true/false text dependent worksheet activity.
- All worksheets and activities come with answer keys and solutions.
- A third engaging text about the fun and mischievous leprechaun and a follow-up writing activity in which students design a leprechaun trap and write instructions for building it.
- A second writing activity in which students describe what they would do with a pot of gold. This comes with an eye-catching, decorative page suitable for posting as a bulletin board heading.
Also included in the packet are:
Several lined and unlined decorative papers suitable for letter writing, drawing, card making, so many uses.
A St. Patrick’s Day word search
All worksheets and activities come with answer keys and solutions.
*All texts are available read aloud while the text is highlighted on screen. A link to this free feature is provided in your packet. Compatible with Mac and Windows platforms.
**BONUS: This packet includes my four-page ‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’, sold separately in my store, but included here at no additional charge. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.