Valentine’s Day Informational Text and Activites
Valentine’s Day Informational Text and Activites is a bundle of activities for reading, math and fun! In this activity pack you get:
- Engaging informational texts, carefully researched using multiple sources.
- An informational text about the history of Valentine’s Day
- A second informational text about the history of chocolate
- A follow-up true/false text-dependent activity that sends students back to the text to locate answers.
- Two fun logic puzzles
- A Valentine’s Day word search
- All with answer keys and solutions
- A sorting and graphing activity using candy conversation hearts (you will need to provide the candies)
- An ‘Opposites Attract’ antonyms bingo game and paired calling cards (print on paper, or print on heavier stock for greater durability)
- A ‘Making Words’ activity
- Decorative lined and blank paper for letter writing or card making (fold blank paper in half horizontally
**BONUS: This packet includes my four-page ‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’, sold separately in my store, but included here at no additional charge. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.