Thanksgiving Writing is fun persuasive opinion writing project designed to showcase Thanksgiving. Every student can identify things he or she enjoys about Thanksgiving: the food, traditions, family gathering from far and near, parades, football, recounting of family stories, a break from school and work, the signal to the start holiday season, the anticipation of winter sports, the list goes on and on.
***Thanksgiving Writing works especially well AFTER Thanksgiving.***
The step-by-step, highly scaffolded nature of this project ensures success for all students and makes it a perfect project for homeschooling families and to leave for substitutes.
In this project you will find:
- All student instructions and recording sheets
- Clearly scaffolded directions that insure success for all
- Thematic paper for drafting and/or writing final copies of student essays
- An editing checklist with a list of commonly misspelled words
- A scoring rubric based on the Common Core State Standards