Holiday Informational Text Close Reading and Writing Bundle
Price: $5.00 – Your Download will be Available Immediately Upon Purchase
The Holiday Informational Text Close Reading and Writing Bundle is a combination of Christmas Informational Text Close Reading and Activities and New Year’s Around the World Informational Close Reading and Writing Activity Pack. You get everything from both at a discount.
Christmas Informational Text Close Reading is a Common Core connected set of informational text and activities focused on the history of the Christmas tree. In this learning filled packet you get:
- An information packed text about the history of the Christmas tree.
- A second informational text about three famous Christmas trees: The White House Christmas Tree, the National Christmas Tree, and the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
- Follow-up comprehension questions requiring close reading
- A fun tree decorating activity that supports the teaching of theme
- A timeline activity and crossword puzzle; both drive students to repeated reading of the text
- A true/false quiz
- Answer keys for all
New Year Reading and Writing Activity Pack is a Common Core connected bundle of informational text and activities for close reading and writing. In this learning filled bundle you will find:
- An informational text about how New Year’s is celebrated in nine countries around the world.
- Follow-up writing activities, scaffolded for independence and success for all learners. Writing paper included.
- A fun crossword puzzle to drive students to repeated reading of the text, answer key included.
- A mapping activity
**BONUS: This packet includes my page ‘Dig Into’ close reading lesson and graphic organizer. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Dig Into’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.