April Fools’ Day Reading, Writing and Activity Pack
Price: $3.00 – Your Download will be Available Immediately Upon Purchase
April Fools’ Day Reading, Writing and Activity Pack is a bundle of activities for spring reading, writing and fun! Do the activities over several days or all in one activity-filled day. In this package you get:
- Two engaging informational texts, carefully researched using multiple sources:
- An informational text about the history behind April Fools’ Day
- A second informational text highlighting the most famous and fascinating April Fools’ Day pranks.
- A writing activity in which students describe the best prank they have played or that has been played on them.
- A second writing activity in which students write a fictional “tall tale” news story designed to fool readers.
- A third writing activity in which students write about their #1 person.
- An editing checklist with a bank of commonly misspelled words.
- Several lined decorative papers for publishing writing.
- A fun math game in which the object is to achieve a solution closest to one.
- A multiplication puzzle in which students uncover the answer to a cute school riddle
- A fun April Fools’ Day word search
- All worksheets and activities come with answer keys and solutions.
All texts are available read aloud while the text is highlighted on screen. A link to this free feature is provided in your packet. Compatible with Mac, iPad and Windows platforms.
BONUS: This packet includes my four-page ‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’, available separately in my store, but included here at no additional charge. This user-friendly tool can be used with any informational or non-fiction text on any subject.
‘Close Reading Informational Text: A Common Core Graphic Organizer for Any Text’ can be completed in one session or done over a period of days. It hits the goals of repeated close reading, vocabulary building and in-depth comprehension with repeated returns to the text embedded in the activities. Suitable for a wide range of ages from late elementary through middle school and beyond. It is perfect for substitute teachers and homeschooling families or anyone who appreciates carefully scaffolded activities.